Monday, September 1, 2008

1 day left: holy cow this is it!

One day left! Then onward onto three planes, two trains, and hopefully only one taxi. Excuse me while I go net the butterfly that just flew out of my stomach.

So the goodbyes are finishing. I've said goodbye to the Belzers (the kids I babysit). We took some fun pictures on my last day with them. This one's my favorite :)and I've said goodbye to the Ypsilon. My boss bought me a farewell cake and everything. It was scrumptious! Here's what's left of itAnd speaking of food, I took one last visit to my favorite Boba joint, which, if any of you are not familiar, is a refreshing beverage, usually iced teas and smoothies, with small chunks of black tapioca. Trust me, it's actually really good. Takes some getting used to, though. If you're curious, it looks like this (the black stuff's the tapioca)
And last but not least, my pals through me an awesome last minute pancake party this evening consisting of many, many small, light, buttery pancakes covered in everything from yogurt and jam to corn syrup and ground chocolate. Thanks guys, you rock!
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Whoa, the pancake party sounds like it rocked. Don't worry. You'll soon replace your need for a Boba fix with readily available afternoon teas! How lucky are you?! I can't wait to come and visit this winter. Start scoping out all the best tea shops and posh vintage clothing shops. I feel like I should say something British now. Like, Tally Ho! or something.