Sunday, September 7, 2008

Afternoon at the Mumbles

Yesterday some friends and I went down to Mumbles, a popular little town about 10 minutes bus ride west of the University. Here one can find coffee shops, souvenirs, a marina, and lots of other cute little shops and bed and breakfasts. Our group took a walk down the coast line to the Mumbles Pier, where the lighthouse and other little shops were located. Here's a picture of us by the PierAnd the lighthouse was pretty cool, too, but we weren't allowed to go into it. So we admired from afar.Back in town, we sampled what was referred to us as 'the best ice cream you'll ever have' at Joe's ice cream parlor, and wow, it really WAS the best ice cream I'd ever had! The flavors you'll see below are mint chocolate and turkish delight. Ya, it was awesome!
And what better way to feel welcome in a new town than to be presented with your very own boat!

3 comments:

Doug said...

Your own boat, great ice cream... what more could a person want. Maybe to see the sun once in a while. I can see how that might be nice. But I noticed that the picture of the ice cream showed a shadow on the table, so you must have had at least a few seconds of sunshine.

Christine said...

That ice cream looked way better than that nasty chicken. I think you should try the fries with vinegar. I bet they taste like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmm Mmmm good.

Nic said...

You got to try Turkish delight?! I've always wondered what that was, since reading Narnia. Sheesh. and you've had a real bar drink before I have.