Thursday, September 4, 2008

Out on the town!

Today the weather was better, we even got a little blue sky!

Okay, so after a hearty 'English Breakfast' at my B&B, which consisted of runny eggs, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, and two fatty slices of ham and sausages, I headed down to Swansea Campus, where at I was greeted by my somewhat old but still cozy dorm room high up on the 9th floor of what is fondly known as the Kilvey residence. It's fun, I have my own sink, fridge, and phone, which sort of works. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm sure I get it... soon. Here's a picture of my room!
So now, being only about 10, I had many hours to spend before meeting up with the rest of the pre-sessional study abroad students, so I took this opportunity to walk around town. My first stop was the gorgeous Singleton Park, located directly behind my building and stretching all throughout the east side of campus. Take a look, here's Singleton Abbey
And here's just some random pictures of the park: A nice tree
random stonespossibly Christie's dream houseand a cute baby girl named Hannah
My next stop was the city and it was awesome! There was a great mix of old, European style building and great shopping centers along with what smelled to be great local restraunts! Take a look
I also ran into some old castles/abbeys, but these pictures are taking too long to load so I'll post them some other time. But meanwhile, at around 6 pm, I met up with the other study abroad students to go out to a joint called the pub by the pond. Everyone's great and I'm excited to be spending the next two weeks with them all! Here's one last picture of me and just a few of the other girls at the pub that I'll grit my teeth and load.And don't worry, Dad, I resisted the peer pressure to get drunk.

3 comments:

Doug said...

Yes, I'm glad to hear it. While you were resisting, did you at least TASTE a "Shanty"?
BTW - I really like the name you gave this blog entry.

Doug said...

Oh wait. I guess it's not the blog entry you renamed... it's the main blog itself. Anyway... very neat name... very nice pictures... very cool place all around. Have a GREAT time there!

Christine said...

Ooh yes, please change my name to Gretel and move me into that cottage. Everything's gorgeous. Sounds like you're having a blast.