Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 2, touring the Gower Peninsula

So today we all got a tour of the beautiful Gower Peninsula, but unfortunately, we actually didn't get to see very much because, well, the roads were all flooded. See below...But we did get to go to Oxwald(?) Beach, which was quite pretty. I know in the picture it looks like we're all freezing, but compared to some Utah weather I've experienced, the temperature was actually quite nice except for the wind. Here's me and my friends Mellisa and Lauren with part of the beach in the background.
And for those of you curious as to what scrumptious British food I've been eating, well, I took the liberty of taking some pictures of some of the local delicacies I've been tasting. First, yesterday's lunch: deep fried chicken strips, something you see sold at almost any street corner take out restraunt. Actually pretty good, they were seasoned with who knows what, but not at all bad. Take a look.And today for dinner, who could go without Fish and Chips! This deep fried cod was piled along with a side of chips (here in the US known as French Fries) and for some reason, peas. Interesting combination. It was suggested to me that eating the chips with vinegar was common, however, I decided to pass and go strait for good old Ketchup (sorry no fry-sauce available). Again, maybe not the most spectacular thing I've ever eaten, but the tartar sauce helped.
And no, that is NOT my beer next to the plate. But to answer another question left by a certain person, no I did not try a shanty, but did in fact try a Strongbow, which it half cider, half Guineas(?) which is a type of dark beer. Ok, but still, I mean, it's beer, and... nasty.

No comments: