Friday, June 12, 2009

Well, we're still in Swansea and lovin' it!

Hi all!

Now, while we were originally supposed to have left Swansea by now, Dad and I decided to stay a few days extra before heading out for good just cuz Swansea's so awesome! Yesterday, being granted a beautiful warm sunny day, Dad and I walked from Swansea down to the Mumbles following the coast and kept going... and going... and going. And man was it amazing!! We found this really cool little coastal trail that went all the way down to Langland and Caswell Bays at which, both of us suffering from rather nasty blisters on our feet, decided to call it a successful day. It wasn't until I sat down at my computer though when I realized that the camera cord for transferring pictures to my computer... was at that moment being shipped to the states after mistakenly identified as the cord for my Wacom tablet... which kind of stunk... cuz now I have to wonder where THAT cord is. I promise we took some great pictures though, and I'm not just trying to get out of posting picture of me with my old man!

So, the tragedy unveiled, I chose to continue my life as best I could, the next day, being today (I'm updating promptly for once!) taking the special Gower Bus on a tour of the Gower penninsula (quite a bit of which, I must say, I slept through having not gotten much sleep the night before thanks to a bad case of hay fever). At the end of the line, we ended up at Rhossili bay, a huge, clean beach surrounded on all sides by tall cliffs. Although we got rained on towards the end, it was an amazing site! On the eastern most point was Worm's Head, a little cliff jutting out into the ocean. It's cool because it's only reachable when the tide is at its lowest, giving only a small window of time to cross the rocks, have a look around (not that there's really much to see) and scrambling back to safety. Out of consideration for our wounded feet, Dad and I didn't bother with the crossing, but we certainly enjoyed the view! (*sob, sob... my... *sob... precious... *sob... pictures... *sob, sob)

2 comments:

Doug said...

I can couch for Patty's claim regarding the beauty of the Gower coastline. It's incredible. Too bad you'll have to wait until we get home to see the photos. :..(

Doug said...

Ooops. I meant "vouch"