Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! (no, the British DON'T celebrate it, but WE did!)

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!! I know I did. A bunch of American exchange students (and a couple British... and one French) got together and made a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner. Everybody brought a little something; a few girls made the turkey, others made stuffing, casseroles, pies, cookies, ham, you name it, it was there (and that includes alcohol... which I brought... Dad, don't give me that look!) I helped my friend Sharadon make sweat potatoe casserole which, for those of you who haven't tried it, is pretty much sweat potatoes baked with sugar, a couple eggs, more sugar, and marshmellows on top. it turned out like thisNo, don't look at me like that, it was really good and that's what REALLY matters!!

And here's the helpers me and Francois trying to scrape off all the melted marshmellows at the bottom of the bowl. We didn't get very much, but we tried REALLY hard...
I tried to get a picture of all the food, but everyone got in the way. There were about 17 of us. (sorry I'm at the library again so you'll have to turn your head side-ways) The food goes ALL the way down the counter
I had to put 3 layers of food on my plate to make everything fit!
pretty much everyone ate and ate and just had a good time...
Those things in our hands were little party favors. You yank on both ends and a little item pops out. Who knows what you'll get. I got a tape measure. Other people got a shoe horn, magic trick, mini drum, a fortune teller fish (remeber the red celafane fortune teller fish we used to have when we were kids, the ones you hold on your palms and depending on which way it flops you may be sick or happy or whatnot? Remember those?)

Everyone also got a silver paper crown and a joke. I don't remeber mine, it was too lame so I repressed it...

ya, we had a good time...

a really good time...
happy Black Friday everybody!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I got your message, sorry I haven't called back yet. We had a great time, just hanging at home cooking and eating. Looks like your Thanksgiving was way more festive.

Unknown said...

next year eat thanksgiving dinner with us. it gets ridiculously huge.