Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Finally, a... library?

So after a few weeks of effort, I finally located Swansea's tiny public library. And tiny it is. I think I was really spoiled by Salt Lake's public library cuz this one's just so... British? Almost all the books are sappy British soap operas with pretty much nothing else. Sure it has some science fiction, but the collection is pretty disappointing. Again, everything there seems to consist of sappy British soap operas, but in space... or with dragons...? I grabbed a few books that looked somewhat promising by random, so I guess we'll see how it goes. One that seems to have the most promise is the chronicles of blarnia, apparently a spoof on the lion the witch and the wardrobe. We'll see...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That title is just funny in itself, so even if the book is lame, you've got the title to hold onto. :)

Christine said...

If you're looking for an amazing book written by an English author, try The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. I can't remember if I've suggested it to you already or not.