Friday, February 6, 2009

Weekend at Naomi's

Yay, I finally found my camera cord (it had fallen under my bed and I was panicking cuz I KNEW I had brought it back to Swansea) and yay to Apple's iPhoto. It's some really cool software (most of it excessive and never used, but still, some really cool features) . You can sort photos based on its recognition of people's faces and how similar photos look. Like if you've taken a bunch of pictures in a field and have a bunch inside a building, it can recognize that they're different events and automatically separate them (I actually ended up turning this off because it got really annoying when I wanted to group my weekend's photos together, but still, it's pretty cool!)

But okay, so this trip was actually the weekend before last...

So my awesome friend Naomi invited me to stay with her and her family in outer Swansea for the weekend (we took the bus north for about an hour) and I had a GREAT time!! First off, it was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous (the pictures don't do it justice)!! Her parents took me to one of the many castles (unfortunately the name escapes me) close by and we lucked out with a rare sunny day. Take a look, this is from the top of the castle...And here's me and Naomi! (I tried to get her parents in it too, but they insisted it be just the two of us)Some pictures of the castleHa! I got her parents too!more of the castle (because it was really cool!)Oop, here we are again, now how'd that get in there?And more of the countryside because it was just so amazing...But the best part it yet to come!! (well, for me anyway) Naomi's ultra talented dad makes violins and he was gracious enough to let me try them out! And not only that, Naomi's little sister, Abby, a very talented violinist herself, and I spend the afternoon dishing out our best on these amazing violins. It was fantastic. Naomi's dad snapped a quick picture of us doing the Vivaldi..And after two and a half days of watching british movies, making pancakes, and dishing out Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, and Wieniawski together, I though things couldn't get better until... Naomi's dad let me take home a violin!!!!!!! AHHH!!!!! It's so amazing!! as you can see, I was extatic. I snapped a photo of it as soon as I got back. So now I'm an official member of Swansea University's musician's society.I can't tell you enough just how fantastic, amazing, and loving everyone in Naomi's family was. Thanks guys, you're the best!!

3 comments:

Doug said...

You're very lucky to have such great friends.

Note to Naomi and her family...
Thank you for being so very kind to Patty. It certainly makes me sleep easier at night knowing that there are people like you nearby to my daughter.

Nic said...

Sweet! I'm so glad you have a violin to play again!

Nikki

Christine said...

Whoa!!!!!! That's so cool! Congrats!!!