Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Of all the things I could possible catch...

Pink eye?! How'd I manage to catch THAT? Ya, so unfortunately I've been ill (careful not to say sick in front of my British friends since sick actually means 'vomit' and not really used so much for when you've caught some foul disease. You say 'I've been sick' and they're all like 'wha...?') since Saturday and right in time for my first exam tomorrow (wish me luck!) Luckily though the oozing in my eyes has gone down a ton the last couple days, so I'm pretty sure I'm just about over it. But come on, pink eye? It just seems so random...

3 comments:

Doug said...

Ah... the joys of airplane travel. Long journeys in close proximity to other people... all breathing the same air that gets recycled over and over again because mixing it with fresh air from outside the plane (at a temp of 30 below zero) would use more fuel and therefore reduce the airline company's profit.

In a plane full of several hundred people some of them are statistically guaranteed to be be carrying some sort of disease. You're lucky you didn't get bird flu... or ebola... or something similar.

Christine said...

Sorry about your eye. I hope it clears up soon.

Unknown said...

what a comforting comment by your dad.
That was classic. I am still laughing out loud...

I concur with your dad that "you're lucky you didn't get bird flu... or ebola..."

Get better soon.

Ernie