Tuesday, October 7, 2008

As promised, some pictures of my dorm

So finally, here are a few pictures of my dorm. It's great being on campus because unlike at the U, instead of having to take a bus from the dorms to campus, your classes are literally 100m away from the dorms. The buildings on campus are all jam packed together instead of having nice grassy areas between classes, which is both good and bad. Good because it takes 1o seconds to get from building to building, and bad if there ever was a fire. But it's raining, so I'll take pictures of campus for next time.

For now though, pictures of my dorm. I'm up on the seventh floor, which is nice because it's relatively quiet, but bad when the fire alarm goes off (at least once a day) and you have to trudge up and down the stairs. But I have my own bathroom, which is great! Everyone shares a kitchen which is nice because then I get to mooch off pots and pans from my flatmate Kerry, who, unfortunately is not present in the picture below. From left to right, we have my flatmates Berne, Emma, Emilie, and Siaphone (I'm not quite sure how to spell that one, but it's pronounced Sha-fon)
Next, my room. If you look carefully, you'll see a familiar face peaking out of the covers (yes, I brought her with me)And, the jail cell view out my windowBut on the bright side, my own bathroom!But other than that, classes are going swell. I made a few changes so now I'm taking computer graphics II and a graphics lab instead of psychology and computability theory, but I'm still taking database systems and intro to ancient egyptian history.

By the way, for anyone who's interested, missionaries can now use email (honestly, about time!) and so Brandon Gibson asked me to post his email for anyone who wants to chat with him: it's Brandon.L.Gibson.FT@myldsmail.net.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Ooh your dorm looks very nice. I can't wait to see pictures of your campus. How nice to just walk out your door to class!