Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just some ettiquite rules all should be aware of

Okay, so I'm fine with people coming up to me asking where I'm from and what-not, but for future reference, my fellow exchange students and I would appreciate it if those who wished to do so followed these 19 simple rules of ettiquite.

1. please do not interrupt us mid sentence. Wait for a proper moment of entry before introducing yourself and starting a conversation.
2. rule number one is especially true regarding cell phones and study groups.
3. please refrain from overly excessive physical contact. Unless you are super good looking, it is unwanted.
4. please note we do not accept marriage proposals just so you can become an American citizen.
5. please refrain from insulting comments regarding gender, nationality, and accents. They are not appreciated and will be dealt with swiftly and excessively.
6. please refrain from asking what number wife I am when I say I'm from Utah. Again, such comments are not appreciated and will be dealt with swiftly and excessively.
7. no, Thanksgiving is not the American word for Christmas.
8. no, we do not know your second cousin who lives in Montana.
9. or your nephew who goes to school in Oregon.
10. no I will not deliver that package to him when I go back to the states
11. yes, it does stink having to pay double for everything (British pound to US dollar conversion issue)
12. no, I did not vote for Bush.
13. no, I don't like him either.
14. yes, I am looking forward to his leave in January
15. no, I will not argue with you about politics
16. no, I am not Chinese.
17. no, I do not understand Chinese.
18. no, I do not speak Chinese.
and finally,
19. no, I am not interested in going back to your place.

Hope this was educational!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!!

Nic said...

woot! You show 'em that "Excess", cowgirl!

Namely: "How many kids were you planning on not having?"

~snicker~

-Nikki

Nic said...

oh...maybe you should tell them that 18 husbands is plenty, thank you.

-Nikki

Christine said...

LoL! I think the best pick up line ever used on me is "So... what exotic flavor are you, baby?" Uhh huh now that's hot.

The funny thing is, when people I meet here ask if I know their distant cousin from Utah, the answer is often times yes. I think I might have worked with, gone to church with, gone to school with, or be related to almost everyone in Salt Lake.

Unknown said...

got a message for you from chuck:

"hey patty, this is chuck, i just found out that you went to england and im glad you're having a wonderful time. I hope all is well and you come back soon. I miss lighting explosives off in your neighborhood, so come back soon. Hope to see you again - Chuck"